Sunday, December 27, 2015

CHANGING THINGS UP

Well, I haven't posted anything on here for a long time. In church today, one of the speakers spoke of how he had felt prompted to figure out a way to share his ponderings of the scriptures with his children.  He ultimately decided to start a regular blog and his family could choose to read his ideas and feelings if they wanted to, or not if they didn't wish to.  That got me thinking about how over the past 18 months or so I have been much better at regularly doing just that in a written journal.  So my New Year's resolution is to try to transfer some of those journal entries onto my blog and then add to them with new ideas.  I had always thought I would just keep journaling my feelings and notions until I die and then maybe my family would want to read those journals.  I hadn't considered what a big endeavor that would be for them.  Much easier to look at "Mary Ponders" regularly for short samples.  Although my first desire is to share my spiritual feelings with my family, I am leaving this as an open blog for any of my friends or relatives who may be curious.

(July 30, 2014)    Always nice to have a new journal.  I have challenged my Sunday school students (ages 12 and 13) to follow President Eyeing's advice to take the time to jot down one or two things each day which you are grateful for, or ways you have seen God's hand in our life that day.
     Kim came over to mow the lawn today and Finn came down to the nearby tennis courts to watch me play.  It felt good to have him there and he came with me to run some errands later on.  I felt a special close bond with him
today and it was a sweet experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment