Monday, December 28, 2015

SIMPLE TRUTHS

12-28-2015.  I was reading Elder Rasband's testimony at the last General Conference when he had just been called as an Apostle. His testimony was simple and sweet. He reminded us that "The Lord said 'Love one another as I have loved you' . I am confident that there is no choice, sin, or mistake that you or anyone else can make that will change His love for you or them."  What a a wonderful reminder of His great love for us and His desire for us to make choices which will result in joy and peace in our lives.

7-31-2014. In the midst of the terrible wars going on in the world, particularly the bombing between Israel and the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, I am extraordinarily blessed to be living in America.  I don't have to spend my days fretting with fear that my children and grandchildren might be killed by bombs day in and day out. I cannot even imagine the daily experiences of these women around the world. How easy it can be to take our peace and safety for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment